Saturday, July 24, 2010

Sunday Morning Run

I'm tempted to say that the best thing about Sunday is not waking up to an alarm. I'm training now for a half marathon with a group called Can Too, a not-for profit fundraising organisation for cancer research. And although the people running in the group are great and provide motivation through all the training sessions, my body is still getting accustomed to a wake up time of 6:45 on a Saturday. So, without any alarm this morning, I woke up to a sunny, winter day in Sydney and ran to the Botanic Gardens and Opera House.

I'll admit I've fallen down lately on the blog posts so here's to a fresh start. I'll be tracking progress on the runs here, showing some of the beautiful sights around Sydney that I've seen on foot. Plus asking for donations along the way. Please sponsor me at www.cantoo.org.au click on sponsor participant and type in my name – Natalie Romig. Instructions will come up for you to enter your details. The ultimate goal is to raise at least $1,250 for cancer research...and hopefully pick up a new PR at the race in September.

No comments: