Monday, September 7, 2009

Natro Down Under

After two months of jumping into this adventure, I couldn't think of a more appropriate title than "she'll be right." It's Aussie slang that's used quite often to mean "don't worry, mate" totally indicative of the Aussie "no worries" mentality that things will work out in the end. At various times during the past two months, it's been a reassurance to myself that this jump to the other side of the world may have ups and downs, but it will be a rich experience. Living in the present isn't always easy, yet approaching my life in Australia with this attitude has eased my transition to Sydney.

I also hope that "she'll be right" has quite literal meaning for my parents as they've been more nervous than me about this move. Don't worry, mum and dad. You've done a wonderful job teaching me to appreciate life and work hard for what I want. This time around, I'm a smarter traveler...and visitors are welcome if you feel the need to check in.


No comments: